I seriously doubt I will ever get back to five books a week. I have too much going on. But I could read more than I am currently, so I'm taking the "100 Books in a Year Reading Challenge for 2011." Maybe you should too! Last year I was finishing up grad school, so I only read 67 (plus a ton of picture books, which I won't count). This year I intend to read 100 (Possibly more. Possibly). So far I am up to 20. They are:
1. Matched by Ally Condie
2. I'd Know You Anywhere by Laura Lippman
3. Darling Jim by Christian Moerk
4. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
5. Anna & the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
6. A Tale Dark & Grimm by Adam Gedwitz
7. The Enemy by Charlie Higson
8. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
9. Matterhorn by Karl Marlantes
10. Trapped by Michael Northrop
11. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
12. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
13. XVI by Julia Karr
14. Vesper by Jeff Sampson
15. Timeless by Alexandra Monir
16. Warped by Maurissa Guibord
17. Rosebush by Michelle Jaffe
18. Crossing the Tracks by Barbara Stuber
19. Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann
20. Father of Lies by Ann Turner
Here's the breakdown: 16 YA, 3 adult, and 1 middle grade title.
Clearly, I need to diversify. But I love YA books! I will try to get some classics in this list, including To Kill a Mockingbird. It shames me every time I have to admit I've never read it, though not as much as it should or I would have read it already.
Reviews on some of the above to follow...